Apple TV+, Apple's streaming service, is available on Samsung, LG TVs and Sony, through the Apple TV app, which has been released for televisions since 2018. Installing and configuring the app is very simple, and not much different from using the dedicated gadget. Learn how to watch Apple TV+ on TV, be it from LG, Samsung or Sony.
- How to add Globoplay on Apple TV
- How to reset your Apple TV [Reset factory default]
Apple TV+ on Samsung TV (Image: Ronaldo Gogoni/Meio Bit)
Apple content in the living room
Until very recently, the Apple TV (the set-top box, not the app) was the only way to consume Apple content in the living room. The box that runs tvOS is compatible with a number of streaming applications, as well as providing access to exclusive content from Apple TV+, Apple's streaming service.
However, Apple realized that it is much more It is advantageous to allow the Apple TV app to be present directly on other devices, especially on TVs, which today are complete multimedia stations and support several apps.
Thus, Apple TV was released in 2019 for the latest TVs from Samsung that run Tizen, and in 2020, it was the turn of LG devices manufactured from 2018 onwards. Today, the new televisions from both companies come out of the box with the application pre-installed.
No However, it is necessary to manually install the Apple TV app on compatible models from previous years, something that is quite simple to do. Here's how.
How to watch Apple TV+ on TV
The procedure for watching Apple TV+ on TV is quite simple, and is basically the same regardless of the manufacturer, whether Samsung, LG or others like Sony:
App store icon on a Samsung TV (Image: Ronaldo Gogoni/Meio Bit)
- Go to the TV menu and open the app from the app store.
On a Samsung TV, it is called “Apps” (icon with 4 dots);
In on an LG TV, it's called “LG Content Store” (bag icon);
On a Sony TV, it's the Google Play Store app, the same as Android;
App store icon on an LG TV (Image: Ronaldo Gogoni/Meio Bit)
- Select the app store search tool (magnifying glass icon);
- With the remote control, type “Apple TV” (without quotes) and confirm;
- The TV will locate the Apple TV app, select it;
- Select the “Install” button, “Start Watching” or equivalent option, and confirm;
- The Apple TV app will be installed.
Once the app is installed, the app setup is the same as the Apple TV set (the set -top box):
- Open the app and select “Settings”;
- Go to “Accounts”, “Sign in;
- If you If you don't have an account, select “Create Apple ID” and create a user account.
From here, there are two ways to log in:
Apple TV login screen (Image: Ronaldo Gogoni/Tecnoblog)
1. With mobile phone (iPhone or Android)
- Select “Sign In on Mobile Device”;
- Open the camera app;
- Aim the camera from mobile to QR code and tap on the link that will appear;
Login screen by mobile device (Image: Ronaldo Gogoni/Tecnoblog)
- Sign in with your Apple ID on the device and the account will be activated on the TV.
On an Android phone, you will have to enter your login details and password, as well as the two-step authentication code, if it is active. On an iPhone, you'll be able to log in using Apple's security features such as Touch ID or Face ID.
2. Logging in directly:
- Select “Sign in to this TV”;
- Enter your Apple ID login details.
Apple TV+ on LG TV (Image: Ronaldo Gogoni/Tecnoblog)
After logging in, you will be able to watch Apple TV+ on TV through the app normally, as if you were using the apple dedicated device. All original content from the streaming service such as For All Mankind, The Morning Show, The Oprah Conversation, See > and others will be available to service subscribers.
Other Apple TV content, such as movies and series purchased from the iTunes Store, will also be accessible through the app.
With info: Apple.