eBay, one of the largest e-commerce sites in the world, uses the marketplace system to allow anyone to advertise a product. If you want to sell an item on the platform to have more visibility and, consequently, a greater number of customers, I will show you how to sell on eBay.
- How to change currency payment on eBay
- How to buy on eBay?
eBay on mobile (Image: Disclosure/eBay)
Ebay Rules and Fees
Firstly, I should warn you that not every type of product can be sold on eBay — I recommend checking the prohibited items list and restricted on the company's website. Failure to comply with the rules can result in account suspension or even permanent banishment.
Another point that also needs to be mentioned is that eBay charges a fee for listing products. Fortunately, the first 50 ads of the month are free, but if you go over that number, the platform will charge you $0.35 for each new product added.
Last but not least, when a purchase is completed, the site also receives 10% of the total sale value, with a maximum monthly fee of US$ 750.
How to sell a product on eBay
- Open your browser and go to ebay.com;
- Click on “Sign in” in the upper left corner and log in with your account;
- When the main page reloads, click on “Sell” on the top of the screen;
- Enter the name of the product you want to sell and click on “Get started”;
- eBay will display a list of similar products to facilitate the process of creating the ad, but if you want to create it from scratch, click on “Continue without selecting a product”;
- Fill in all the information requested by platform, such as ad title, price, specifications (in case u m mobile) and also upload some photos of the product;
- After that, scroll down and click on “List item” to put your ad live — you can also click on “Preview” to see it before publishing it or click on “Save as draft” to save it as a draft.
Done, now you know how to sell on eBay. Using the platform, your products will have more visibility and the possibility of completing a sale will be even greater.