Did you buy something from Shopee and regret it? The e-commerce platform allows the cancellation of orders, but there are some conditions. Basically, it all depends on whether the order has already been processed. If it's still pending, it's easier. Learn how to cancel an order on Shopee via the app or website.
- How to sell on Shopee [Marketplace]
- How to track Shopee orders
How to cancel an order on Shopee (Image: Viknews/Flickr)
Can I cancel any purchase?
Shopee purchases may be canceled in the following cases:
- Withdrawal of purchase prior to shipment of material by the seller: Cancellation by withdrawal of purchase may be requested only when the item has not yet been processed by the seller. The cancellation request will be sent to the seller for approval.
- Failure to meet the delivery deadline: If the seller does not ship the item by the agreed deadline and the new deadline does not meet buyer's need, cancellation may be requested. The cancellation request will be sent to the seller for approval and will be accepted if the order has not been processed.
The seller may reject your cancellation request if the item has already been processed. After he rejects the request, the order will be shipped as usual. However, if a buyer cancels the order within 1 hour after payment is made, the cancellation will be immediate, without needing the seller's approval.
Buyers can request cancellation only once for each order. . That is, once your request is rejected or withdrawn, it will not be possible to make another cancellation request for the same order.
How to cancel an order on Shopee
It is worth noting that the procedure to cancel is different from returning a product. In this tutorial, the focus is on suspending a recently placed order, not one that has already been shipped/received.
Through the app
- Open the Shopee app on your mobile or tablet;
- Sign in and tap “Me” in the bottom right corner;
- Tap “Sending” below “My Purchases”;
- Select the order you want to cancel;
- Go to “Cancel order” at the bottom of the screen;
- Select the reason for cancellation and tap “Confirm”.
How to cancel an order from the Shopee app (Image: Reproduction)
From the website
- Enter the Shopee page via your browser;
- Click your username in the upper right corner;
- Go to “My Purchases” > “The Submit”;
- Click on “More” below the order amount;
- Select “Cancel Order”;
- Choose the reason and confirm by clicking once more on “Cancel Order”.
Done! Remember that, in some cases, the cancellation will depend on the seller's approval. However, if the request to cancel is opened within 1 hour of payment, confirmation from the seller is not required.
Cases in which the cancellation request is not accepted
If payment for an item is not accepted, the order will be canceled automatically. That way, you won't be able to open a manual request, since the process is done by Shopee itself.
If the order has already been sent by the seller, the cancellation can't be processed either. For cases of non-receipt or problems with the purchase, the user can request a refund.
With information: Shopee.